The Lockport Branch is located at 121 East 8th Street, Lockport, IL 60441.
The Library parking lot is located directly across the street from the entrance on 8th Street.
This completely renovated 19,750 square foot building was opened to the public on September 23, 2013. The original library building on this site had been in constant service from 1966 through early 2012, when it was closed for an 18-month renovation. During that time, a portion of the collection was moved to the Gaylord Building where the Library continued to serve the public. Prior to 1966, Lockport Township residents received library services for 34 years at the Boyer House, located on the southeast corner of 8th and State Street. Prior to the 1930s, the Library attributes its formation to the Lockport Woman's Club whose members nurtured a lending library that began with a donation of 50 books by Mrs. J. L. Norton in 1921.
Lockport Branch Contact Information
Patricia Jarog, Branch Manager: 815-552-4185
Circulation Services: 815-552-4250
Kellen Smith, Circulation Supervisor: 815-552-4257
Flannery Crump, Teen Librarian: 815-552-4260
Children's Services: 815-552-4265
Jane Gardner, Senior Children's Librarian
Elizabeth Sanderson, Children's Librarian
Cathy Weltsch, Children's Specialist
Ellen Parran, Children's Specialist
Off-Site Managers of Support Services
Debra Chapp 815-552-4224
John Jozwiak 815-552-4229
Outreach Services 815-552-4247
Tina Williams, Manager
Jenny Suva, Assistant
Dave Laurich, Clerk
Information Technology Manager
Michael Pezan 815-552-4218
Technical Services Manager
Brandon Swarthout 815-552-4243