When accessing these databases from outside of our Branches, you will be prompted to enter your library card number to obtain access.
- America's Newspapers offers searchable, full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community electronic editions of the the Joliet Herald News (1997-current)
- Biography Reference Center offers a comprehensive collection of full-text biographies and unique narrative biographies. This resource provides superior coverage for several of the most popular and heavily-researched biographies and genres, including those contained within Biography Today and Biography (both dating back to the first issue published).
- Consumer Health Complete is designed to support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. This resource provides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
- Explora for Educators is EBSCO's Teacher Reference Center. It provides a variety of topics that are of interest to teachers that can be found in over 200 peer-reviewed journals.
- Explora for Primary Schools from EBSCO is designed specifically for students in grades K-5. Search results bring back age appropriate and relevant information from Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, American Heritage Children's Dictionary, Middle Search Plus, Primary Search, and Topic Overviews K-5.
- Explora for Secondary Schools from EBSCO is designed specifically for students in grades 6-12. Search results bring back age appropriate and relevant information from Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, History Reference Center, Middle Search Plus, MAS Ultra, Consumer Health Complete, Science Reference Center, Literary Reference Center, and Topic Overviews 6-12.
- History Reference Center features full text for more than 1,990 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books from leading history publishers.
- Literary Reference Center Plus is a comprehensive full text database that provides users with a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and time frames.
- Novelist Plus provides recommended reads, book discussion guides, and author read-alikes for fiction and non-fiction titles for adults and teens.
- Novelist K-8 Plus provides Grab and Go Book Lists, recommended reads, Award Lists, and Lexile scores for fiction and non-fiction titles for children age Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Points of View Reference Center contains resources that present multiple sides of an issue.
- ProQuest Chicago Tribune offers searchable full-text electronic editions of the Chicago Tribune (1985-present) and Historical Chicago Tribune (1849-1987).
- Science Reference Center covers topics that include biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science and society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.