Online Resource Subscriptions White Oak Library District Offers Residents
When accessing these databases from outside of our Branches, you will be prompted to enter your library card number to obtain access.
Biography Reference Center offers a comprehensive collection of full-text biographies and unique narrative biographies. This resource provides superior coverage for several of the most popular and heavily-researched biographies and genres, including those contained within Biography Today and Biography (both dating back to the first issue published).
Consumer Health Complete is designed to support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. This resource provides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
Explora for Educators is EBSCO's Teacher Reference Center. It provides a variety of topics that are of interest to teachers that can be found in over 200 peer-reviewed journals.
Explora for Primary Schools from EBSCO is designed specifically for students in grades K-5. Search results bring back age appropriate and relevant information from Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, American Heritage Children's Dictionary, Middle Search Plus, Primary Search, and Topic Overviews K-5.
Explora for Public Libraries is EBSCO's interface for Schools and Public Libraries. Designed to meet the unique needs of its users, Explora supports both student research and classroom instruction with the following features:
- Simple search that quickly delivers relevant results
- Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic
- Topic overviews that provide students with a starting point for research
- Colorful, mobile-friendly design with feature areas that provide context to students
- Reading level indicators (Lexile® Measures) to simplify discovery of grade-appropriate content
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English
- Curriculum Standards Module to help educators correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state- or province-specific curriculum standards
Explora for Secondary Schools from EBSCO is designed specifically for students in grades 6-12. Search results bring back age appropriate and relevant information from Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, History Reference Center, Middle Search Plus, MAS Ultra, Consumer Health Complete, Science Reference Center, Literary Reference Center, and Topic Overviews 6-12.
- Complete, Science Reference Center, Literary Reference Center, and Topic Overviews 6-12.
- Literary Reference Center Plus is a comprehensive full text database that provides users with a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and time frames.
- Novelist Plus provides recommended reads, book discussion guides, and author read-alikes for fiction and non-fiction titles for adults and teens.
- Novelist K-8 Plus provides Grab and Go Book Lists, recommended reads, Award Lists, and Lexile scores for fiction and non-fiction titles for children age Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Science Reference Center covers topics that include biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science and society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
MAS Ultra contains full text for hundreds of popular high school magazines covering a wide-range of subject areas including history, science, careers and much more. It also provides full text for biographies and primary source documents, hundreds of reference books, and an Image Collection containing photos, maps & flags.
MasterFILE Premier provides full text access to general reference publications, reference books, and primary source documents.
Middle Search Plus contains primary source documents, reference books, and thousands of relevant photos, maps and flags.
Overdrive provides access to downloadable Audibooks and eBooks and contains both fiction and non-fiction titles for adults, teens, and children.
Primary Search is a full-text database providing popular children’s magazines, easy-to-read encyclopedic entries and a vast image collection. Students can learn about a variety of topics, including endangered species, famous musicians, fitness and space exploration.
NEW! Scholastic Teachables is an online database of tens of thousands of searchable and printable educational materials. Their teacher-authors create and vet thousands of high-quality, ready-to-use resources so that your teachers do not have to spend countless hours searching for reliable content to support their instruction.
NEW! TumbleBooks Library is an online collection of electronic children's books accessible through the library's website. Animation, sound, music and narration are added to existing picture books to produce an electronic book which you can read, or have read to you.
NEW! TumbleMath is the most comprehensive collection of math picture books you will find anywhere. ... Click on Quiz Portal and you will find a Portal containing thousands of quizzes created by math teachers specifically for your state/provincial standards.
All Online Resource Subscriptions White Oak Library District Offers Residents